As a mom, we know you are always on the lookout for what is best for your children. Whether you baby is still tucked away in your womb or you have welcomed her into the world already, the health of your baby is probably a top priority for you. There are so many decisions we make for the welfare of our babies, from the best diapers and creams, to developmentally appropriate toys and stimulating activities. But no decision is more significant than how you choose to support your baby’s development through nutrition. And we have an amazing all-natural superfood secret that will take nutrition for you and your baby to a whole new level. It’s called Moringa!
If you are an expecting mom, your body is changing in miraculous ways to create a temporary home for your baby. While the idea of “eating for two” is no longer accepted, getting proper nutrition is essential for your health and that of your baby. A baby’s development depends on the conditions created by the mother, including a well-balanced diet, a low-stress environment and avoiding toxins such as smoke or alcohol. Obstetricians believe moms-to-be only need about 300 additional calories per day to sustain their babies, but food intake should incorporate a range of nutrients in the form of protein, whole grains, dairy (or other forms of calcium), fruits and vegetables.
OBs also recommend daily supplements during pregnancy to ensure all of your baby’s nutritional needs are being met. Preparing for a new baby can be a hectic time, so adding an all-natural nutritional supplement such as Moringa is one of the best decisions you can make for you and baby during pregnancy. With the simplicity of Moringa capsules or Moringa tea, or perhaps baking and cooking with our USDA certified organic Moringa powder, you can boost your nutritional intake by an astounding degree. Moringa provides the vital nutrients – especially additional iron and calcium – an expectant mom needs. Plus Moringa’s array of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, protein and other nutrients will satisfy and calm the body to reduce cravings and pregnancy nerves, while offering a boost of energy, the all-natural way.
Once your little bundle of joy arrives, you have the opportunity to choose the best way to nourish your baby. You have probably read about the incredible benefits of breastfeeding for both mom and baby. To name just a few, breastfeeding can help to foster smarter and more well-adjusted children, reduce the risk of diseases and create a stong bond between mother and child. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends breastfeeding for at least the first year of a baby’s life because breast milk is the perfect food for babies. It is made of the exact combination of nutrients a baby needs and is easy for babies to digest. But the quality of breast milk is also dependant on a mother’s nutrition and there is no better way to boost your nutritional intake that eating right and supplementing with the best natural nutritional superfood, Moringa.
In the chaos of trying to figure out how to raise a new baby, new moms often neglect their own nutritional needs. But the truth is, they are also neglecting the needs of their baby. A mom who is getting the plenty of water and the nutrients she needs – through a proper diet and Moringa – will be better able to meet the demands of a newborn. Moreover, she will be passing along the best possible nutrients to her baby, which will help relax baby, make her sleep better and be more alert as she works towards developmental milestones. Many moms report that Moringa is a great all-natural resource to increase milk supply as well. Plus, Moringa can offer a much-needed pick-me-up that most moms could use, especially for those multiple middle-of-the-night feedings. And while you’re dropping the pregnancy weight naturally through breastfeeding, you’ll also support your weight loss goals through the power of Moringa nutrition!
Since Moringa provides wholesome nutrients for the entire family, it is a supplement that can be incorporated in your children’s diet for years to come. We recommend slipping a few teaspoons into your child’s smoothie, or adding several scoops to your next soup, stew or any type of sauce. Chances are your family won’t even notice it. And you’ll feel great about continuing to offer your family the most nutritious superfood on the planet.
Congrats on the newest member of your family! We wish you much health, happiness and nutrition for years to come!
Our goal at Zokiva is to help you create your best self in every aspect of your life. That is why our line of Moringa products, nutritional supplements and energy teas contribute to not only your physical health, but also your mental and emotional health and wellness. We know that this holistic approach will yield the most positive results in a natural and sustainable way.
To achieve vitality, there are basic elements of healthy living we should incorporate into our lives every day. Our bodies thrive on periods of energy and rest, both of which are important to overall health and wellness. We believe there are five things you should be doing daily to keep your body, mind and emotions in balance. As you will see, they are not difficult tasks. In fact, you’ve heard them all before and perhaps you already practice many of them. If not, we hope you’ll stop and think about how to put these easy steps into action in your life for your best self.
1) Eat a Balanced Diet: Some of us eat to live and others live to eat. Whichever philosophy is yours, nutrition is vital to every facet of your health. Each of us has unique nutritional needs based on our size and amount of physical activity, but in general bodies need a balance of protein, vegetables, fruits, whole grains and dairy. For many of us, the tricky part comes in trying to get enough of each of these food groups while also keeping our fat, calorie and sodium intake in check.
One of the best ways to ensure you are getting the nutrients your body needs is by taking a daily supplement. And of course, what better supplement could we suggest than Moringa! Moringa is nature’s best source of over 90 bio-nutrients that our bodies crave. From amino acids and proteins, to a range of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, Moringa is the all-natural superfood supplement. With just two Moringa capsules in the morning and two Moringa capsules at night, you can round out your balanced diet for optimal health. Or try incorporating our USDA certified organic Moringa Powder or energizing Moringa tea into you diet for an extra boost of nutrition and vitality.
And don’t forget to drink plenty of water. Eight to ten ounces per day is recommended, or more if you exercise regularly or work in extreme weather conditions. One great way to get a burst of energy and nutrients while ensuring you fulfill your daily water needs is through nutritional teas. You’ll stay hydrated and benefit from the amazing nutrients that all-natural teas can offer. Plus, they taste great and have terrific weight loss effects.
2) Be Physically Active: Some of us cringe at the word “exercise,” but maybe you just need to shift your perspective. Exercise includes any physical activity that increases your heart rate for at least 30 minutes. It’s recommended to have some level of physical exertion 5-7 times a week. That can be an interval class at the gym, a brisk walk in the park, swimming laps in the pool or playing a game of soccer. If time is your excuse, try to find ways to include spurts of activity in your daily routine. How about squats while you brush your teeth? Stairs instead of the elevator? Maybe some arm exercises while you listen in on a conference call? Be creative…and be active! Not only is physical activity good for your body, it keeps your mind agile, endorphins flowing and pumps up your energy level.
3) Find Ways to Unwind: You can love your life and still find it stressful. Most of us have some level of stress so it’s important to find time to decompress and let our bodies repair from long hours of concentration, emotionally draining situations and physical activity. Relaxation can actually reduce risk of heart disease, support healthier immune systems, improve memory and improve skin quality, among other benefits. So add some “time for me” on your to do list every day.
4) Be Kind: If simply being nice isn’t something you practice for others, do it for yourself. Studies show that being kind and having positive interactions with others can improve our health. Most of us feel good about showing kindness to others, which is the body’s chemical response to being altruistic and making an impact on another life, our environment or anything else that has value to us. These positive effects have been measured in actions as small as compassionate meditation and smiling at others. Even the small actions can have big results!
5) Make Good Choices: Lifestyle factors play a large role in our health and happiness. Luckily, we have the choice to take good care of our bodies through our actions. For example, smoking and obesity are two risk factors for many life-threatening diseases including heart disease, diabetes and cancer. Avoiding smoke or making the decision to quit can impact your health in a very positive way.
Also, being vigilant and taking personal responsibility for our own health is essential. Know your body and seek professional help when anything seems off kilter. This includes regular dentist visits, eye exams and breast exams. Many health issues are easier to resolve if detected early.
We know that every new day brings new challenges. As humans, perfection is unnecessary, but excellence is something we can achieve. Work towards these five lifestyle goals every day and we expect you’ll hit excellent in no time!