It’s still winter and for many of us, we are stuck inside with little exposure to sunlight during winter months. Seasonal affective disorder is a mental condition that typically occurs in the winter. It causes depression in about 5% of the population, and can result in milder symptoms like moodiness, lethargy, exhaustion and weight gain in up to 20% of people. Women are significantly more likely to experience seasonal affective disorder than are men.
Like many other mental health issues, the definitive cause of this disorder is unknown, but there are certainly ways to combat and cope with symptoms of the “winter blues,” including finding healthy ways to give yourself a dose of energy. And on a cold winter day, we can’t think of a better idea than a warm cup of energy tea to boost your mood, energy levels and rev up your metabolism.
Wondering where such a phenomenal tea can be found? Right here at Zokiva, of course! Moringa tea is an ancient health remedy that has been used for medicinal and nutritional purposes for centuries in Africa and Asia. Moringa tea comes from the leaves of the Moringa tree, a tropical plant that contains over 90 bio-nutrients, making it one of the healthiest natural sources of nutrition known to humankind.
Because Moringa has so many of the essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and amino acids we crave, Moringa fuels the body, offering incredible energy for both routine daily activities and more intense exercise. Believe it or not, Moringa provides all of these benefits without caffeine. Yup, it’s 100% caffeine free. And better yet, it’s an all-natural whole food so our bodies can easily digest and distribute its nutrients, making Moringa tea immediately invigorating.
With great nutrition comes many other benefits, and the benefits of Moringa are multi-faceted. Our brains function better when our bodies are fueled with the proper nutrients required to keep all systems running smoothly. Emotional balance also relies on a healthy dietary intake. In addition to keeping our brains focused and emotions in check, Moringa may stimulate calming hormones that help manage seasonal surges of negative emotions.
Moringa tea is also an incredible weight management tool. We already touched on Moringa for energy and emotional stability, both of which help motivate us to stick to a regular exercise routine. Daily exercise is vital to our health on many levels and is certainly a major factor helping you to lose weight. Moringa also helps us achieve weight management goals by filling our bodies with the “good stuff” like fiber and protein so we feel satiated and our blood sugar levels are stable. This makes us less likely to have the urge to over-indulge and go on unnecessary calorie binges.
And if all of that was not enough, Moringa tea is a delicious, warm beverage that will take the chill out of winter, one sip at a time! Its slight nutty essence will warm you to the core while providing the incredible, all-natural nutrients you need to stay energized and emotionally balanced so that you can be your best self during this season and year round. So put the tea kettle on, and feel good knowing that you’re putting only the purest form of nutrients into your body with Zokiva Moringa tea.
Cheers, to your health and wellness!
Imagine a plant so potent it contains more than the daily recommendations of the essential nutrients you need. Imagine a plant so powerful that it can enhance your health and wellness routines and assist in keeping your body in tip-top condition. Imagine a plant that can improve your body on physical, cognitive and emotional levels, all while giving you incredible energy. Now you can stop imagining and start believing. Moringa is the plant that can deliver all of this, and much, much more!
Moringa has been called “The Miracle Tree” because its benefits are seemingly endless. We’re breaking out the top 10 benefits of Moringa to show why you should make Moringa a part of your daily routine right now.
10) Moringa for Energy: Moringa is one of the most wholesome, all-natural sources of sustained energy. And it’s not because it is infused with way too much caffeine. Moringa is naturally caffeine-free, but because it is bursting with the best nutrients available, it effortlessly sustains energy levels from morning to night. So replace those 3 cups of coffee with all-natural Zokiva Moringa tea and you’ll enjoy the immediate benefits of Moringa.
9) Moringa for Stable Blood Sugar Levels: If you’ve ever experienced a blood sugar drop, you know that it affects your entire body and mental state too. Diabetics may be all too familiar with that feeling. Moringa is a superfood with over 90 bio-nutrients that can help us naturally maintain healthy blood sugar levels throughout the day, even if our diet is slightly askew. For those with diabetes or anyone with a busy, hectic life, having a baseline of proper nutrients streaming through our bodies can make a world of difference.
8) Moringa as an Anti-Inflammatory: Inflammation is a natural response in our bodies, but prolonged and intense inflammation can be dangerous and painful. Moringa is a natural anti-inflammatory because, in addition to containing a range of free-radical fighting antioxidants, it also hosts numerous anti-inflammatory compounds that can prevent swelling and ease pain.
7) Moringa for Restful Sleep: Aren’t we all so much happier when we feel rested? Moringa is a natural sleep-aid that not only produces calming effects, but also helps us achieve longer, more restful sleep. Moringa contains all eight essential amino acids, which stimulate sleep-inducing hormones. Rest assured, Moringa is better than any chemically generated sleeping pill.
6) Moringa for Better Exercising: Nutrition and exercise go hand-in-hand. We need energy for physical activity and when our bodies are filled with great nutrition, we can workout harder with better results. As one of the most antioxidant-rich foods on the planet, Moringa not only helps provide that nutrition base we need to exercise, but it also helps retain muscle density and reduces inflammation by combating free radicals. Additionally, Moringa helps repair the body after exercise, reducing recovery times significantly.
5) Moringa for Emotional Wellbeing: We can all attest, when our emotions are in check, we are more productive and focused people. For some, achieving emotional balance is harder than improving physical health because it is much more subjective. While we each must reflect, reduce stress and make positive lifestyle choices for the sake of our emotional health, we can prime our bodies for balance. Proper nutrition and energy from natural sources like Moringa can set the stage for improved emotional wellbeing.
4) Moringa for Mental Focus and Clarity: Like our emotions, our brains need ideal nutrition to transmit messages throughout our bodies. When we lack good nutrition and adequate water intake, our energy levels are low and our minds can become sluggish. Moringa gives the brain some pep by providing a nutritious, raw superfood supplement that complements a healthy, clean diet. Antioxidants, amino acids, omega-3s and Vitamin E are among the best brain food ingredients and Moringa is saturated with all of them.
3) Moringa for Healthy Blood Pressure Levels: Improved blood health is one of the major benefits of Moringa. Blood is essential for carrying nutrients and oxygen around our bodies and eliminating toxins. When blood pressure rises due to negative reactions to stress, plaque-clogged arteries or elevated blood sugar levels, heart disease can occur. Moringa can help keep blood pressure levels within a normal, healthy range.
2) Moringa for Weight-Loss: Unnecessary excess calories often pop into our diets when we do not feel satiated by the foods we consume. But when our bodies feel satisfied from proper nutrition and great-tasting, natural foods, we tend to not overeat. And most studies show, the bottom line to weight loss is balancing the calories you take in versus the calories you burn off. Moringa can help reduce overall caloric intake by sustaining fullness through superior nutrients, helping you stay fuller longer and avoid overeating. Plus, more energy means a more active metabolism and more potential for physical activity to burn calories the all-natural way.
1) Moringa for Anti-Aging: Perhaps the holy grail of Moringa benefits is anti-aging. Antioxidants reduce the effects of damaging free radicals within our bodies and on our skin. Anti-aging strategies begin from the inside out, so ensuring our physical condition is strong will also help us look and feel younger. A daily regimen of Zokiva Moringa capsules can set you on the path to vitality and a longer, healthier life.