You may know that Green Tea is full of health benefits ranging from disease prevention, cardiovascular support and improved cognition. You may know that Green Tea comes from the Camellia sinensis plant and originated in China. You may know that Green Tea has been consumed for centuries for health, wellness, healing and medicinal purposes. But you may not know these interesting facts about Green Tea:
- There are thousands of types of Green Tea. They may each differ slightly in nutritional content and flavor.
- Green Tea is widely considered one of the healthiest drinks on the planet. Not only is it packed with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, amino acids and other phyto-nutrients, it is also fat free, low in calories and a better alternative than most sources of caffeine.
- Perhaps that is why, other than water, Green Tea is the most popular drink in the world.
- The ideal amount of time to steep Green Tea is 3 to 5 minutes. This maximizes the antioxidant content you are consuming.
- It is always best to brew your own Green Tea because it contains 50 times more flavenoids than pre-packaged tea.
- Green Tea helps you burn through food for immediate energy rather than storing it as fat by speeding up your metabolism.
- This superfood tea helps combat cardiovascular problems in a unique way. Many heart conditions occur as arteries become narrower due to plaque and other issues. Green Tea widens arteries to help blood flow smoothly and to deal with fluctuations in blood pressure and blood consistency.
- There are over 450 amazing compounds in Green Tea that support your entire body – physically, mentally and emotionally.
- Green Tea is high in the powerful antioxidant Vitamin C. If you add a lemon slice to your Green Tea, another source of Vitamin C, it will help your body absorb more catechins.
- Dairy, however, can decrease your body’s ability to absorb the quality antioxidant properties of Green Tea.
- Green Tea is a great way to cleanse your body because it contains antibacterial and antifungal compounds.
- With a natural calming ingredient called theanine, Green Tea has a relaxing effect on the body. Plus, the act of sipping hot tea is soothing itself.
- Green Tea is good for your mouth. It contains a natural fluoride and antibacterial agents that fight cavities, gum disease and bad breath.
We hope you were delightfully surprised by these interesting facts about Green Tea, so much so that you plan to incorporate this healthy habit into your daily diet. Zokiva’s Skinny Citrus Green Tea and Skinny Mango Green Tea are infused with delicious fruit flavors to enhance your tea-drinking experience. Enjoy!
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding you should consult with a doctor before use. If you are on any medications check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking any supplement.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, test, cure or prevent any disease.
Leave a comment