Our goal at Zokiva is to help you create your best self in every aspect of your life. That is why our line of Moringa products, nutritional supplements and energy teas contribute to not only your physical health, but also your mental and emotional health and wellness. We know that this holistic approach will yield the most positive results in a natural and sustainable way.
To achieve vitality, there are basic elements of healthy living we should incorporate into our lives every day. Our bodies thrive on periods of energy and rest, both of which are important to overall health and wellness. We believe there are five things you should be doing daily to keep your body, mind and emotions in balance. As you will see, they are not difficult tasks. In fact, you’ve heard them all before and perhaps you already practice many of them. If not, we hope you’ll stop and think about how to put these easy steps into action in your life for your best self.
1) Eat a Balanced Diet: Some of us eat to live and others live to eat. Whichever philosophy is yours, nutrition is vital to every facet of your health. Each of us has unique nutritional needs based on our size and amount of physical activity, but in general bodies need a balance of protein, vegetables, fruits, whole grains and dairy. For many of us, the tricky part comes in trying to get enough of each of these food groups while also keeping our fat, calorie and sodium intake in check.
One of the best ways to ensure you are getting the nutrients your body needs is by taking a daily supplement. And of course, what better supplement could we suggest than Moringa! Moringa is nature’s best source of over 90 bio-nutrients that our bodies crave. From amino acids and proteins, to a range of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, Moringa is the all-natural superfood supplement. With just two Moringa capsules in the morning and two Moringa capsules at night, you can round out your balanced diet for optimal health. Or try incorporating our USDA certified organic Moringa Powder or energizing Moringa tea into you diet for an extra boost of nutrition and vitality.
And don’t forget to drink plenty of water. Eight to ten ounces per day is recommended, or more if you exercise regularly or work in extreme weather conditions. One great way to get a burst of energy and nutrients while ensuring you fulfill your daily water needs is through nutritional teas. You’ll stay hydrated and benefit from the amazing nutrients that all-natural teas can offer. Plus, they taste great and have terrific weight loss effects.
2) Be Physically Active: Some of us cringe at the word “exercise,” but maybe you just need to shift your perspective. Exercise includes any physical activity that increases your heart rate for at least 30 minutes. It’s recommended to have some level of physical exertion 5-7 times a week. That can be an interval class at the gym, a brisk walk in the park, swimming laps in the pool or playing a game of soccer. If time is your excuse, try to find ways to include spurts of activity in your daily routine. How about squats while you brush your teeth? Stairs instead of the elevator? Maybe some arm exercises while you listen in on a conference call? Be creative…and be active! Not only is physical activity good for your body, it keeps your mind agile, endorphins flowing and pumps up your energy level.
3) Find Ways to Unwind: You can love your life and still find it stressful. Most of us have some level of stress so it’s important to find time to decompress and let our bodies repair from long hours of concentration, emotionally draining situations and physical activity. Relaxation can actually reduce risk of heart disease, support healthier immune systems, improve memory and improve skin quality, among other benefits. So add some “time for me” on your to do list every day.
4) Be Kind: If simply being nice isn’t something you practice for others, do it for yourself. Studies show that being kind and having positive interactions with others can improve our health. Most of us feel good about showing kindness to others, which is the body’s chemical response to being altruistic and making an impact on another life, our environment or anything else that has value to us. These positive effects have been measured in actions as small as compassionate meditation and smiling at others. Even the small actions can have big results!
5) Make Good Choices: Lifestyle factors play a large role in our health and happiness. Luckily, we have the choice to take good care of our bodies through our actions. For example, smoking and obesity are two risk factors for many life-threatening diseases including heart disease, diabetes and cancer. Avoiding smoke or making the decision to quit can impact your health in a very positive way.
Also, being vigilant and taking personal responsibility for our own health is essential. Know your body and seek professional help when anything seems off kilter. This includes regular dentist visits, eye exams and breast exams. Many health issues are easier to resolve if detected early.
We know that every new day brings new challenges. As humans, perfection is unnecessary, but excellence is something we can achieve. Work towards these five lifestyle goals every day and we expect you’ll hit excellent in no time!